Rochmaniv Jewish Cemetery
Drone survey :
Historical map and perimeter :
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but according to the dates found on the preserved gravestones, it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged at the end of 19th century. First, it appears on maps of Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny (WIG) of 1835-1839 and Russian topographic maps of the 1880s.
Rochmaniv Jews are known from the 18th century. Rabbi Wolf served here in the mid-18th century. In 1897, 93 Jews lived in Rochmaniv (16% of the total population). In the early 20th century, a synagogue and a Jewish cemetery existed. The Jewish population declined to 62 in 1921, comparing to 465 in 1911. During the occupation by the Wehrmacht troops, the Jews of Rochmaniv were deported to the Shumsk ghetto.