Site Address:The cemetery is located adjacent to 29, Stepana Bandery Street.
GPS coordinates:49.40770, 24.61701
Perimeter length:443 metres
Is the cemetery demolished:No
Type and height of existing fence:Type of the fence. The cemetery is surrounded by a metal fence on concrete foundation of 1.5 metres height.
General Site Condition:Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery. Some parts of the cemetery are severely overgrown. It requires clearing. The central part of the cemetery is well-maintained by the Rohatyn Jewish Community. The cemetery was mostly demolished. The preserved gravestones and fragments are stored on the northern and eastern parts of the cemetery.
Number of existing gravestones:200
Date of Oldest Tombstone:1852 (oldest found by ESJF expedition)
Date of Newest Tombstone:1927 (latest found by ESJF expedition)
Urgency of erecting a fence:Fence is not needed(fenced)
Land Ownership:Municipality/Property of local community
Preserved Construction on Site:There is an ohel of Rabbi David Yoseph (died in 1890), constructed by the Ohaley Tsadikim union. There are two memorials on the site. One is dedicated to the oldest Jewish graves in Ukraine. The other is dedicated to the 500 years old cemetery of Rohatyn and tzadikim buried there. Presumably, a closed structure on the cemetery site is also an ohel.