Zveniachyn Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but it was marked on maps of the 1860s and 1880s. Presumably, the Jewish Cemetery was established at the beginning of the 19th century and was operating until WWII, the latest preserved gravestone relates to 1937. The Jewish cemetery was partly demolished during WWII.
The first two Jewish families resided in Zvenyachyn in the 18th century. The Jewish community became organised in the first half of the 19th century. In the 1830s, a synagogue and a Jewish cemetery were operated. In 1898, a charity was established. In the early 20th century, the Bikur Hoilim society was established. About 130 Jews were inhabitants of the village at that time. Around 30 Jews immigrated to Palestine in the pre-war period. In 1940, the Jewish population grew to 105. In autumn 1941, the Jews of Zvenyachyn were deported to the Chernivtsi ghetto. Many Jews perished during the construction of the Kamenetz-Podolsk labour camp, where they were expelled in 1942.