Zolotyy Potik Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Presumably, the cemetery was established in the mid-18th century. The earliest preserved gravestone relates to the 1760s.
The first recordings about the Jewish life in Zolotyy Potik relate to 1635. In the 17th century, the Jews were engaged in crafts. The Jewish community became independent in the early 18th century. In 1765, 335 Jews were inhabitants of Zolotyy Potik. A Hasidic court of David-Moshe Friedman (1828–1903) was active there in 1851–59. The Jewish population reached a peak of 1,247 (39,7% of the total population) in 1880. In 1900, it numbered 1,036 (30,7% of the total population). By the same time, the first Zionists groups emerged. In 1914-15, the Cossacks burned 100 Jewish houses. Many Jews fled during the WWI. The Jewish population declined to 895 people (28,2% of the total population) in 1921. In the interwar period, different Zionist organizations were active in the town. On July 10, 1941, the Wehrmacht troops occupied Zolotyy Potik. In autumn 1942, all the Jews were deported to Buchach.