Zolotnyky Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. First, it appears on Polish maps of Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny (WIG) of 1939. According to locals, the cemetery was also used by the Jewish community of Burkaniv.
The Jews of Zolotnyky are first mentioned in 1533. In the 16th century, more than half of the trading houses, stables and taverns were in the hands of Jews. During the Austrian rule, Jews left the town because of the economic downturn. In 1890, 225 Jews (11,5% of the total population) resided in Zolotnyky, and the Jewish population reduced by half and numbered 114 people (5,3% of the total population) in 1921. Fishl Malach (in the 19th century), Zvi-Hirsch Schwartz (in the 1920s) and Menachem-Mendl Mund (in the 1930s) served as rabbis. In the interwar period, the Zionist organizations HaRevisionistim and Atikva, as well as, a drama group and Hebrew courses were in operation. The Jewish community was liquidated in the period of the Shoah.