Zinkiv Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located at the north-western end of Lenina Street, behind a road sign Zin’kiv/Adamivka.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The street side is surrounded by a stone wall, and a new part of the cemetery is surrounded by a metal fencing with a locked gate.
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The new part of the cemetery is well-maintained. The old part is severely overgrown. It requires clearing and re-fencing.
Number of existing gravestones
250. Vegetation on the site does not allow to establish the exact number of gravestones. The old gravestone should be lifted and clearing for the exact dating of the cemetery.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
There are two ohels on the cemetery, constructed by Ohaley Tsadikim union. One is dedicated to Rabbi Itzhak Meir Heshel of Zinkiv (died in 1855), a son of Avraham Yehoshua Heshel aka Ohev Israel of Apta, and other Admorim of Zin'kiv-Apta dynasty. The other ohel is dedicated to Rabbanit Sima, a wife of Meshulam Zusya Heshel, the third Zinkiv-Apta Admor, and their daughter Tzipora.
In 2005, a documentary “The Renaissance of Love” about the local Jewish history was made. The cemetery was partly cleaned by Yakov Tikhman, a local Jewish activist.