Zatyshne Jewish Cemetery
Jewish Colony Number 15 in Zatishye (Rus. Затишье), now Zatyshne (Ukr. Затишне, Rus. Затишное), was established in 1853 by Jews from Vitebsk and Mogilev Governorates in present-day Belarus. In 1859, the colony had a population of 122, most of whom were Jewish. The population rose to 602 in 1877. A destructive fire occurred in 1885. In 1897, there were 527 Jews in the settlement (74% of the total population). The colony had a synagogue and a school with two classes. A pogrom broke out in 1905. Zionists became active in the colony after the Russian Revolution in 1917. During the Civil War of 1918–21, 13 Jews were killed, and 30 houses were burned in several pogroms. The Soviet authorities created a Jewish collective farm in 1929. Zatyshne was the seat of a Jewish village council, which also included Rivnopil and Khlibodarivka. Most of the Jews were able to evacuate before the Germans arrived in October 1941, although some were captured while escaping. In November 1941, 83 Jews from Zatyshne and Khlibodarivka were murdered.
According to locals, the cemetery was demolished for agricultural use. The gravestones were removed, but the land was not plowed or cultivated. As such, the burial sites are likely intact. Some remnants of gravestones are still present as well.
It is not known when this cemetery was founded nor when it was demolished.