Zarki Old Jewish Cemetery
There is a memorial at the site in the shape of matzeva.
The old Jewish cemetery in Żarki was established in the 17th century. As a result of devastation, after World War II, the necropolis was stripped of matzevot for many years. In 2008, in one of the local properties, a fragment of a stele was found with a partially preserved epitaph from 1739, indicated that the tombstone was originally located in the oldest Jewish cemetery in Żarki.
Thanks to the efforts of Wojciech Mszyca, the tombstone was initially placed in the cemetery, under the plaque set up as part of the Jewish Culture Trail. In 2010, a lapidarium was arranged at the cemetery and the found fragment of the matzeva was attached to a concrete slab stylized as a tombstone. Below there is a plaque with the inscription: “Only this fragment of the matzevot and the empty square are left of the Old Jewish Cemetery from the 17th-19th centuries. Żarki 2009/2010, WM”. The ceremonial unveiling of the lapidarium took place on September 17, 2010.