Zahony Jewish Cemetery Two
There used to be two Jewish cemeteries in Záhony. This cemetery appears in the corrections to the 1864 cadastral map which suggests that it might have emerged at a later date. It was demolished at an unknown time and built over with a highway.
The first Jews settled in Záhony at the beginning of the 19th century, and by 1840 there were 14 Jews living in the village. The Jewish population peaked at 58 in 1910 and remained stable until 1941, at which time 57 Jews lived in the village. The Mándok rabbinate provided rabbinical services to the Záhony Jewish community from 1885. In mid-April 1944, the Jews of Záhony were sent to the Kisvárda Ghetto, from where they were deported to Auschwitz in May.