Yazlovets’ Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to IAJGS, the Jewish cemetery was established in the 17th. The last known Jewish burial was in the 1940s. Presumably, it appears on the second military survey of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the 1880s.
The Jewish community of Yazlovets’ emerged in the 16th century. 43 Jews (14.8% of the total population) were inhabitants of the town in 1743. The Jewish population reached a peak of 1,642 (54.5% of the total population) in 1880. The first Zionist organizations were established in the early 20th century. The Jewish population reduced to 474 (23.9% of the total population) by 1921 and stood at 560 in 1931. In 1928, the youth Zionist movement Ahava was active, a Hebrew school and a drama circle were affiliated with this organization. The branch of WIZO was opened in 1935. In autumn of 1942, the Jewish community was expelled to Buchach and from there sent to the Belzec death camp.