Yarmolyntsi New Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery was most likely established in the 19th century. According to epigraphic data, it already existed in the second half of the 19th century and was operational till the late 20th century. It first appears on Russian map from 1907.
Jews were present in Yarmolyntsi from the second half of the 18th century. In 1765, there were 253 Jews in here and the number diminished four times after the Haidamak raid in 1775. Weekly markets and fairs made a trade the key sphere where Jews were involved in from the 18th century. The amount of the Jewish population reached a peak 2,633 in 1897. A synagogue and a number of prayer houses existed. On July 5, 1920, in the period of the Soviet-Polish war, delegates of the JDC professor Israel Friedlaender and the rabbi Bernard Cantor were murdered. In the Soviet period, Yarmolyntsi the Jewish rural council was active in thee town. The Jewish population stood at 1,733 in 1931 and had fallen to 1,264 on the eve of the WWII. The town was captured by the Nazis on July 8, 1941. On September 2, 1942, a ghetto was erected. In a month Jews from the adjoint towns were confined in it. According to some sources, 14,000 Jews were victimized during the period of occupation.