Wisznice New Jewish Cemetery
The new Jewish cemetery in Wisznice was founded in the 1790’s or the beginning of the 19th century and was located approximately 1.2 km northwest of the town square, in the fields. Its history is largely unknown. During World War II, the Germans partially destroyed the cemetery, and, after the war, the remaining tombstones were stolen or destroyed by local residents. The empty area became wooded. The remaining area is trapezoid-shaped and measures 1.4 hectares. There are no remaining traces of the cemetery and its borders are imperceptible. Three matzevot made from fieldstones (the oldest of which dates to 1816), and possible originating from the cemetery were found in the village museum of Rowiny.