Wasilkow New Jewish Cemetery
Adjacent to 2, Słowackiego Street. The cemetery is located along the eastern side of Słowackiego Street, opposite to households No.2-8.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The western border of the cemetery (along Słowackiego Street) is marked by detached concrete rectangular posts (0.5-0.7m high) with the image of a menorah, located every 2m.
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The Jewish cemetery is situated at the north-eastern outskirts of Wasilków in a pine wood area. The adjacent territories are private households on Słowackiego Street and forests. There is a stone path into the cemetery, starting from Słowackiego Street. There are single tombstones hidden in the grass and some pieces of tombstones that have been put into a lapidarium.
Number of existing gravestones
14-25. The survey team found only 14 matzevot, but there may be more, covered with foliage and pine needles. Cmentarze-zydowskie.pl stated that the number of preserved tombstones is 25. Also, there are tiny pieces of of matzevot from the village of Nowodworze, embedded in the stone wall of the lapidarium.
Date of oldest tombstone
1900 (by cemetery.jewish.org.pl/), 1909 (by ESJF)
Date of newest tombstone
1933 (by cemetery.jewish.org.pl/), 1926 (by ESJF)
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site