Vyshhorodok New Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but according to the dates on the preserved gravestones, it already existed at the beginning of the 20th century. First, it appears on Russian maps of 1890s.
In 1847, 1018 Jews were inhabitants of Vyshhorodok. In 1863, several synagogues operated. The Jews of Vyshhorodok were followers of Trysk Hasidism. The first Zionist organization was established in the 1910s. In December 1917, a pogrom happened in the town. Many Jews fled during the WWI and returned to Vyshhorodok after the end of the war. In the 1920s, four synagogues operated. In 1921, the Jewish population declined to 944 (96,7% of the total population). In the 1920-30s, Meir Frenkel served as a rabbi. In the 1920s, a Tarbut school functioned in the town. In the 1920-30s, the Jewish parties and organizations operated. The Jewish Youth movements were represented by Ha-Shomer Ha-Tzair, Ha-Halutz and Beitar. Ha-Halutz assisted its participants to immigrate to Mandatory Palestine. On March 16, 1942, the Jews of Vyshhorodok were isolated in the Vyshnivets ghetto. On August 11, 1942, all the prisoners were executed during the ghetto liquidation.