Vuzlove Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It was not marked on old maps. Presumably, the cemetery was established in the late 18th-early 19th century. According to locals, the cemetery was demolished and overbuilt during the Soviet period. In the early 18th century, Jewish families were present in Vuzlove. In 1717, nearly 100 Jews lived there. A prayer house, beit-midrash and cemetery operated in Vuzlove. The peak of the Jewish population 1,139 (28,7% of the total population) was at the turn of the century. During WWI, the Jewish community suffered from the epidemics and Cossack pillage. Many Jews left the town at that time. In 1921, 793 (19% of the total population) Jews resided in Vuzlove. In the interwar period, the Zionist movement became active. On September 21, 1942, 700 Jews were deported to Kamyanka, where they were murdered.