Vilshynky Jewish Cemetery
Presumably, the Jewish cemetery in Vilshynky was established in the 19th century. In the second half of the 20th century, the cemetery was demolished. There are no tombstones remaining.
Jews are believed to have arrived in Vilshynky in the late 18th century. In 1851, 13 Jews lived in the village. In 1880 the Jewish population numbered around 38, and by 1910, the Jewish population had dropped to 20. By 1921, during the Czechoslovakian period, the Jewish population still further decreased to 13. In 1930 there were 14 Jews living in the village. Hungarian forces arrived in March 1939. In 1941, there were six Jews living here. In the same year, some families without Hungarian citizenship were expelled to Kamenets-Podolski in Nazi-occupied Ukrainian territory and murdered. The remaining Jews of Vilshynky were deported to Auschwitz in late May 1944. No Jews live in the town today.