Verba Old Jewish Cemetery
40, H. Skovorody Street. The cemetery site is located 75 metres to the North of St Michael Church, in the backyards of private houses on the West side of the road.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery site has been partially built over with private houses. The undeveloped section of the land is now used for private gardening.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Presumably the Jewish Cemetery was established in the 19th century since it appears on Russian map of 1886. It is unknown when the cemetery was demolished. Nowadays there are no visible traces of the cemetery and its boundaries.