Velykyy Bereznyy Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery site is located next to the Roman settlement on Pidhirna Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery site is surrounded by a 2 metre tall concrete fence with a metal gate.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is somewhat overgrown with bushes and tall grass. The fence is in a good condition.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
There are two tiyuns, one dedicated to Rabbi Tsvi, son of Nahum Mordekhai Fraind (died 1944), the other to Rabbi Shalom Sofer, son of Rabbi Israel Efraim Fishel (died 1929).
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. However, given the dates on the preserved tombstones, it can be assumed the cemetery was founded in the early 19th century.