Vamosoroszi Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Vámosoroszi was established as early as 1875, since the only tombstone found in the cemetery dates to that year. The cemetery was still in use in 1895 as it is marked on the cadastral map of that year. It is currently located in the territory of the local municipal cemetery.
The Jewish population in Vámosoroszi peaked at 43 souls 1880, after which the population decreased and by 1941 only 5 remained in the village. Thus, an organized Jewish community technically ceased to exist in the village before the war. According to the Yad Vashem database, 3 Jews from Vámosoroszi were murdered in the Holocaust.