Ustya Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It appears on Austrian maps of the 1880s. According to locals, the cemetery was demolished during the Soviet era, and gravestones were used to build a foundation of the barn in a collective farm. Now there are no visible traces of the cemetery and its boundaries, except remnants of one gravestone found.
The Jewish community of Ustya already existed in the late 18th century. The Jewish population of Ustya was 860 in 1880. In the late 19th century, the Jews were engaged in cattle and horsetrade. Among the artisans, Jewish tailors, shoemakers, furriers, carpenters, etc., were present in Ustya. There were 11 taverns owned by the Jews. In 1921, the total population was 1,428. 75 Jews of Ustya were murdered during the Shoah.