Ustron Jewish Cemetery
The municipal cemetery with its Jewish section is situated between Obrzeżna, Fabryczna and Katowicka streets.
The exact perimeter of the Jewish cemetery is unknown.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The entire municipal cemetery is fenced from the side of Katowicka Street with a concrete wall approximately 1.6 meters in height. On the other sides, the cemetery is fenced with metal mesh about 1.6 meters height.
General site condition
The Jewish cemetery of Ustroń is now a section of the municipal cemetery. Its western part, which survived the war, was incorporated into the municipal cemetery in 1994. The eastern part was demolished and overbuilt with Katowicka Street. The place of Jewish burial is a wooded area, separated by an alley and marked with an information sign. There are preserved tombstones in the incorporated part and several new Jewish graves in the communal part.
Number of existing gravestones
There are 29 tombstones in the Jewish section, 27 of which are bases and framed by tombstones, and two plaques with names. In front of the Jewish section, in the communal part, there are also four Jewish graves.
Date of oldest tombstone
1906 (new tombstone on old pedestal in the preserved part)
Date of newest tombstone
2015 (tombstone in communal part)
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site