Ulashkivtsi New Jewish Сemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to epigraphic data, it already existed in the mid-19th century.
The Jewish community existed in Ulashkivtsi since the 19th century. In 1900, 489 Jews (21,4% of the total population) resided in the town. In the early 20th century, a school was created with the support of Baron Hirsch, and a Hebrew supplementary school of the Safa Berurah movement were opened. The Zionist movement had clout in the Hassidic town, and a memorial for B. Z. Herzl, which was erected in the synagogue in 1906, confirms it. In 1911, a Mizrachi Zionist group functioned. The Jewish population declined to 138 people (0,6% of the total population) in 1921. In the 1930s, a Tarbut Hebrew school operated. By the same time, the anti-semitic mood was spread among the local population. In June 1941, a pogrom staged by the local Ukrainians claimed the lives of 68 Jews, their property was pillaged. The Jews who survived the pogrom fled to Chortkiv and other adjoining localities.