Ujazd Jewish Cemetery
Ujazd was granted town rights in 1428, and its foundation status was downgraded in 1870. The first records of Jewish settlement date back to the 17th century. In 1764, there were 14 Jewish families in the town. In 1857, the Jewish community in Ujazd numbered 543 people, constituting 51% of the total population. During World War II, in October 1942, the Germans established a ghetto in the town, which was liquidated on January 6, 1943. Some victims were shot, and the rest were taken to the extermination camp in Treblinka. The cemetery is located in the north-eastern part of the village, about 1 km from the town centre, at the extension of 11 Listopada Street, behind the Zas-Bud company. The cemetery’s date of establishment is unknown. The cemetery is completely destroyed (a process which likely began during World War II). No matzevot have survived, the area is covered with forest, and there is no form of commemoration.