Tsebrykove Jewish Cemetery
There is almost no information on the Jewish cemetery of Tsebrykove. It is marked on a Russian topographic map of 1941. Presumably, it was demolished during WWII or soon after. Locals remember this site as a former Jewish cemetery.
Little is known about the Jewish community of Tsebrykove, named “Hoffnung” until 1900. During the 1920s and 1930s, 25 Jewish families worked and lived in the colony Freyberg, which was situated in the area. In 1930s Freyberg was included into Tsebrykove. A Jewish primary school was active until the mid-1930s. In 1939, the Jewish population numbered 210 (7% of the total population). On August 8, 1941, Nazi troops occupied Tsebrykove, and, in the same month, murdered 185 Jews from the region.