Troyaniv Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery was established no later than the mid. 19th century, as the earliest preserved tombstone dates to 1858. On all maps, except for the German one in 1935, a cemetery is marked on this place (it is not indicated that it is Jewish), on the German one it is marked as Christian.
Jews began to settle in Troyaniv (Ukr. Троянів, Rus. Троянов, Yid. טרעיאָנעוו) in the 18th century. In the 19th century, the Jewish population rose from 998 in 1847 to 1,469 (20% of the town) in 1897. The community maintained 2 synagogues. The Jews were attacked during the revolution of 1905–1907, over a dozen were killed and Jewish property was looted. There were 581 Jewish residents in Troyaniv in 1939. The Jews who had failed to evacuate were murdered after the arrival of the Germans in 1941. Troyaniv is the birthplace of the philosopher and Zionist activist A. D. Gordon (1856–1922).
The exact date of the establishment of the cemetery is unknown however the earliest tombstone dates back to 1858.