Torhovytsya Jewish Cemetery
From the last house in the northern part of Torhovytsya village, continue North for 465 meters and turn right on the dirt road. The cemetery site is located on the north-eastern corner of the crossroad.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over
General site condition
The cemetery site is now a field.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. But since it appears on Russian topographic maps of 1880s it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged in the second half of the 19th century. Later it was also marked on Polish map of 1939. According to locals the cemetery was demolished during the Soviet period. Today there are no visible traces of the cemetery and its boundaries.