Torchyn Jewish Cemetery
According to Pinkasei Kehilot Polin, there was a grave for the victims of Khmel’nytsky’s 1648-1649 uprising on the cemetery site. It is unknown whether this refers to this cemetery or another, which dates from at least the 17th century. This cemetery existed from at least the late 18th century, as can be inferred from the date on the oldest tombstone. The cemetery was demolished during or after WWII. In 1960, a memorial to the 2,000 Jews shot in August 1942 was constructed, along with an obelisk and a fenced mass grave. The southern section of the cemetery still contains tombstones and is severely overgrown.