Tokmak New Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It emerged no later than the early 20th century, as the earliest preserved tombstone dates to 1917. Part of the cemetery was demolished around 1950-1960 and later built up with garages. Previously, the cemetery was guarded. According to KSEN, some of the tombstones were removed to the cemetery on Stepnaya Street. It cannot be found on the maps of the region.
Tokmak (Ukr., Rus. Токмак, Yid. טאָקמאַק, until 1962 Velykyi Tokmak, Ukr. Великий Токмак, Rus. Большой Токмак) had a synagogue as of 1885. The Jewish population was 2,421 (13% of the total poplation) in 1897. There were 1,356 Jews in Tokmak in 1939. After the Germans arrived in October 1941, most of the Jews were murdered. According to the 2001 census, there were a few Jews (<10) in Tokmak and the neighbouring areas.
It is not known when exactly the cemetery was founded. The earliest tombstone dates to 1917. Part of the cemetery was demolished in the 1950’s or 1960’s and was built over with garages. According to the 1994–95 survey of the Jewish Preservation Committee (KSEN), some of the tombstones were moved to the cemetery on Stepova Street.