Tiszavid Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Tiszavid was demolished and built over at an unknown time. According to “Izraelita Temetok” (http://www.izraelitatemetok.hu/index.php/tiszavid/), “the tombstones were allegedly transferred from the former cemetery to Beregdaróc, and a general store was built in the area. [translated].”
The first record concerning the Jewish community in Tiszavid dates to 1840, when 10 Jews were recorded as living in the village. The Jewish population peaked at 60 in 1880, after which the population decreased and by 1941, only 6 Jews remained in the village. The Jewish community was likely too small to maintain its own institutions and thus probably belonged to the larger Jewish community in Vásárosnamény. The Jews of Tiszavid were probably gathered in the Vásárosnamény Ghetto in May 1944, from where they were deported to Auschwitz.