Tiszaszentmarton Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Tiszaszentmárton was established as early as 1870, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. This cemetery remained in operation until at least 1944 – the year in which the latest tombstone was erected. The cemetery has been fenced.
The first Jews settled in Tiszaszentmárton at the beginning of the 19th century, and by 1840 27 Jews lived in the village. The community’s population grew to 66 in 1880 and 74 in 1910, after which the population decreased and by 1941, 45 Jews remained in the village. According to the Yad Vashem database, about 53 Jews from Tiszaszentmárton were murdered in the Holocaust.