Timar Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Timár was established as early as 1870, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. No legible tombstones have been discovered which could supply any further information about cemetery’s period of operation.
According to census data, 22 Jews lived in Timár in 1840. The Jewish population peaked at 31 in 1880, after which the population decreased over the following decades: 22 Jews lived in the village in 1910, 19 in 1920, 16 in 1930, and only 5 by 1941. According to the Yad Vashem database, 7 Jews from Timár were killed in the Holocaust.