Tartakiv Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. First, it appears on Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny (WIG) maps of 1939. The Jews were presumably present in Tartakiv from the year of the town’s foundation. By the beginning of the 18th century, the Jewish community emerged. The Belz Hasidism predominated. In 1740, the Jewish typography was opened. 770 Jews (70,5% of the total population) resided in Tartakiv in 1880. It stood at 976 (67,6 of the total population) by 1900. In 1913, Havrot-Lina and Bikur Holim societies were functioning. A public library was opened. During WWI, the community were attacked by the Cossacks and Circassian army. The Jewish population reached 1,139 (76,6% of the total population) in 1921. In June 1942, 920 Jews were inhabitants of the town. On October 22, 1942, the Jews were expelled to the Sokal ghetto, and later to the Belzec death camp.