Svirzh New Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It is marked on maps from the 19th and 20th centuries. Presumably, the cemetery was demolished after WWII. The first mention of the Jews of Svirzh dates to 1563. The legendary multi-storey menorah in a local synagogue was the pride of the local community members. In the late 19th century, many Jews migrated to the USA. Stratin Hassidism predominated in Svirzh. The Jewish population numbered 381 (20% of the total population) in 1880. By 1900, it had reached 352 (15% of the total population). The Wehrmacht occupied Svirzh at the end of July 1941. In November, 1942, the Jewish population was expelled to the ghettos of Bibrka and Peremyshlyany.