Sukhostav Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to epigraphic data, the cemtery already existed in the 1780s.
Jews are known from the mid-17th century. 57 Jews (26% of the total) were inhabitants of Sukhostav in 1765. In the 1830s, the Jewish community became independent from the Kopychyntsi Kehila. In 1866, Rabbi Pinchas ben Moshe Horovitz served as Chief Rabbinical Judge. In the 19th century, the Jews were involved in shopkeeping, craft and peddling. A synagogue was erected in the late 18th century. The Husiatin-Ruzhin Hasidic court also had a synagogue. The Jewish population reached 614 (26,9% of the total population) in 1880. It dropped to 378 (19% of the total population) by 1921. During WWI, the town was ruined, more than 200 Jews fled. In the interwar period, the branches of the Zionist organizations Ezra, HaRevisionistim, Beitar and Hitachdut Poalei Zion were active. All the local Jews were deported to Chortkiv and murdered there.