Strykow Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located adjacent to 27A, Batorego Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery area is fenced with a metal fence approximately 1.7m high.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is located within a building depot. There are two renovated ohels and a few fragments of matzevot were found in the factory and the city. Most of the area is occupied by a buliding depot. There is a path to the ohels between pallets full of bricks and bags of cement.
Number of existing gravestones
12. Next to the ohels and inside them, there are fragments of matzevot. 8 fragments were found next to one ohel and 2 fragments were next to the other, with two broken matzevot inside.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
In 2020, at the initiative of Nechemia Pinkusewicz, two ohels were erected in the cemetery on the alleged burial places of the tzadikim Efraim Fiszl Szapiro (died January 10, 1822 - 17 tewet 5582) and Zev Wolf, son of Awraham Landau (died September 14, 1891 - 11 elul 5651).