Strusiv Jewish Сemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The cemetery appears on the Austro-Hungarian First Military survey map of 1780s. Most probably, it was established in mid or late 18th century, when the community developed its institutions. According to epigraphic data gathered during the survey, the earliest preserved tombstones date to 1850s.
The first records about the Jews in Strusiv relate to the first half of the 17th century. 119 Jews were inhabitants of the town in 1765. The Jews were mostly involved in leasing and trade. In the late 18th century, the Jewish community became independent. The first rabbi of Stusiv was Mendel-Pinkhas bar Eliezer Shapiro Mlantzot. In 1880, the Jewish population reached 559 (20,8% of the total population). By 1900, this figure grew to 735 (25,9% of the total population) and dropped to 579 (24% of the total population) in 1921. Hassidism was present in the town. In autumn 1942, the Jews of Strusiv were sent to the Belzec death camp.