Stoczek Łukowski Jewish Cemetery
Stoczek Łukowski was founded in 1547 under Magdeburg Law as the property of the bishops which it remained until 1805. Then, it became the property of the government. Until then, Jews were not allowed to live in Stoczek Łukowski. The first records of the beginnings of Jewish settlement in the town date to 1817. In 1846, among the 626 inhabitants of the city, 213 were Jewish. In 1939, 2,470 Jews constituted 60% of the population of Stoczek Łukowski. During World War II, the Germans vandalized the Jewish community buildings and, in 1942, Jews in the ghetto were deported to Parysów, and then to the Treblinka extermination camp.
The Jewish cemetery was likely established around the mid-19th century and is located about 1.4 km south-east of the market. It is still located outside the city limits. Its history and its historical appearance are unknown. In the interwar period, it was not fenced and was covered with a few trees. During World War II, it was partially destroyed, and after the war residents stole all the remaining tombstones. The cemetery area has been preserved entirely. It is shaped like two very elongated, adjacent rectangles with an area of 0.26 hectares. The cemetery and its surrounding area are covered with dense pine forest and shrubs. The boundaries are imperceptible and no above-ground elements of the cemetery remain aside from the ruins of concrete columns from the post-war fence. Only one fragment of a sandstone matzevah from 1910 has been found in the town.