Staryy Maydan Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is not documented. First, it appears on Russian maps of 1879, and later it was marked on Polish maps of 1939. The oldest preserved gravestone relates to the mid 19th century. A Jewish agricultural colony Staryy Maydan was established in 1844. More than 700 Jews resided there in the late 19th century. The Jewish population reduced in the early 20th century because of the emigration to the US and overseas. People fled from pogroms staged in the town during this time. In 1928, under the Soviet regime, the colony was turned into the Old Maidan kolkhoz, it was also named the Yiddish Maidan. In 1941, Jews were dispatched by the Wehrmacht to the Derazhnya, where they were executed.