Stara Pryluka Jewish Cemetery
According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the 18th century and demolished in the 1930s, during collectivization.
Pryluka was first mentioned in 1146; by 1594, it already had around 4000 households. The region at the time belonged to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. In the beginning of the 18th century it was divided into Stara Pryluka and Nova Pryluka (Old and New Prylukas), and the most active Jewish life moved to Nova Pryluka. These two towns situated next to each other were actually separate towns for the majority of their existence.
In 1793, after the Second partition of Poland, it came under the control of the Russian Empire, and became a part of the Kiev Governorate (Kievskaya Gubernia). By the end of the 19th century most of Prilukas’ Jews lived in Nova Pryluka. In 1897, only 150 Jews lived in Stara Pryluka of a total of 2321. In 1900 a Jew leased a brick factory, which provided jobs for 8 workers.
After 1922, Prylukas became a part of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic within the USSR.
In 1941, Prylukas was occupied by the Germans and Romanians and included in the Transnistria Governorate.
In 1991, after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Prylukas became a part of the independent Ukraine.
The old cemetery of Prylukas was established in the 18th century and demolished in the 1930s.