Solodkovodne (Bergtal) Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Given that the oldest preserved tombstone dates to the second half of the 19th century, it can be gathered that the cemetery was founded in that era. It cannot be found marked on old maps of the region.
Jewish Colony Number 14 in Solodkovodne (Ukr. Солодководне, Rus. Сладководное, Yid. סלאַדקאָוואָדנע) was founded by Jews from the Grodno and Chernigov Governorates in 1853. The colony was also known as Kobylnaya (Ukr. Кобильна, Rus. Кобыльная). There were 430 Jews (84% of the total population) in the colony in 1897. The community maintained a prayer house and a school was opened in 1903. During the Civil War of 1918–21, the colony survived several pogroms. The Soviet authorities created a collective farm in 1929 and Solodkovodne was the seat of a Jewish village council. The Germans arrived in October 1941, and the Jews who remained in Solodkovodne were murdered in the winter of 1941–42.
It is not known when exactly the cemetery was founded. The earliest tombstone dates to 1877.