Sokolivka Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It was not marked on old maps. The oldest preserved gravestone relates to the mid-19th century. Jews are first mentioned in 1629. The local Jewish community was subordinated to Brody Kehila, but in the first half of the 18th century, it became independent. In 1880, 983 Jews resided in the village (45,3% of the total population). Through the internal and external migration in the late 19th century, the Jewish population reduced to 756 (28,78% of the total population) by 1900. The declination of the Jewish population kept on in the period of the WWI and fell to 460 (17,9% of the total population) in 1921. The Zionist organisations became active in the period after WWI. In July 1941, the Wehrmacht occupied Sokolivka. In November 1942, Jews were deported to the ghettos of Zloczow and Brody.