Sokil Jewish Cemetery
It is estimated that the cemetery was founded between the 17th and 18th centuries. It appears on Russian maps from the mid-19th century. The cemetery was demolished during or after WWII.
Jews most likely settled in Sokil in the early 17th century. Rabbi Yom-Tov Lipman of Ludmir served there in the mid-17th century. Sokil’s Jews suffered during the Khmelnitsky uprising. In 1784, the community consisted of 63 individuals, and by 1787, it had grown to 107. According to the census data, the peak of the Jewish population in Sokil was 490 individuals in 1897. In the early 20th century, a synagogue and hevra-kadisha existed. During WWI, the Jews fled because of the expansion of the military front. Only 30 families returned after the Polish government was established. In 1921, the Jewish population had decreased to 167 individuals. During WWII, local Jews were sent to the Rozhyshche, where they were executed on August 22, 1942.