Slawno Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Sławno was established in the first half of the 19th century at Stolper Vorstadt (now Gdańska Street), next to the new municipal cemetery. Although the Sławno community was numerous (in 1843 it had 208 people, in 1871 the city was inhabited by 250 Jews, and in 1905 there were 144), due to the constant lack of funds, it did not have a funeral home. However, in 1904, the area of the cemetery was extended to an area of about 0.4 ha, and a new stone cemetery wall was built.
The necropolis was devastated during Kristallnacht (November 9-10, 1938). In the following years, the increasingly devastated Jewish cemetery in the 1960s was deprived of the matzevot that had been used to build roads. Today, one can find fragments of tombstones and several fully preserved matzevot, there is also a cemetery wall. In 1999, a memorial plaque made by the sculptor Zygmunt Wujek from Koszalin was unveiled: “In memory of the Jewish Community living in the vicinity of Sławno since 1812. In 1938, the Nazis burned down all synagogues and destroyed the tombstones. By 1942, all Jews were expelled from Sławno, most of them to the death camps in the east. Only the ruins of the cemetery remain.
Source: West Pomeranian Encyclopedia; http://encyklopedia.szczecin.pl/)