Slavuta New Jewish Cemetery
According to IAJGS, the cemetery was established in 1902, but the oldest preserved gravestone relates to the mid-19th century, so it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged during that period. It appears on a German map of 1918, a copy of a Russian map of the 1880s. The cemetery is still operating. Jews are known from the 18th century. In 1765, 246 Jews were inhabitants of Slavuta. A Jewish printing press functioned in 1792-1836. In the early 19th century, a soap, cloth, paper and candle plants, a sawmill, foundry and flour mill were operating. The Jewish population reached 4,891 (57,8% of the total) in 1897. Under the Soviets, a Jewish school and clubs were opened. Jews were engaged in crafts. In 1934, an ancient four-stored synagogue was demolished. 5,102 Jews resided in the city in 1939. On July 7, 1941, the German army captured Slavuta. In August 1941, during two actions, 1,233 Jews were executed. Over 5,000 Jews of Slavuta and adjoining villages were herded into a ghetto. On June 25, 1942, a ghetto was liquidated. In September 1942, skilled labourers and their families were murdered. Three monuments dedicated to the victims of the Holocaust were erected.