Shepetivka New Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located by the lake, on the site between today’s Shevchenka, Fedotova, Andriia Molodyky and Kil'tseva streets.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The eastern part of the cemetery is surrounded by remnants of a stone wall of 1.5 metres height.
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is severely overgrown. It requires clearing and fencing. Several gravestones are buried in the ground or covered in vegetation. Some graves are maintained by the relatives.
Number of existing gravestones
About 2,000. Excess vegetation does not allow to establish the exact number of tombstones.
Date of oldest tombstone
1890 (oldest found by ESJF expedition)
Date of newest tombstone
1994 (latest found by ESJF expedition)
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The new cemetery was established in 1928. It was not marked on old maps. A few dozens of gravestones were moved from the old cemetery when it was demolished. The cemetery was operating after WWII.