Sharivka Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The oldest preserved gravestone relates to the mid-19th century, so it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged during that period. First, it appears on a Russian map of 1907. Later it was marked on a Polish map of 1939.
Jews are known from the 16th century. In 1765, the Jewish population was 114 and swelled to 581 in 1897. 647 Jews resided in Sharivka in 1926 during the Soviet time. On July 8, 1941, the Germans occupied the town. During the occupation, the Jews were forced to work in a kolkhoz. In October 1941, the Jews of Sharivka were shot.