Sejny New Jewish Cemetery
The new Jewish cemetery in Sejny was established around 1830, 1.2 km south of the market square, on the road to Augustów, on a hill. Its history and appearance are unknown. In the interwar period, it was shaped like a rectangle and covered an area of 1.38 hectares. It was devastated during World War II and feel into further disrepair shortly after the war. Later, the eastern part of the cemetery was leveled during the installation of the water supply.
The area has been preserved entirely, but the boundaries are not clear. It is covered with young oak trees and wild shrubs. A dozen or so concrete tombstones have survived in the cemetery. In 2002, the local authorities erected a monument honoring the Jews of Sejny at the cemetery. Any found parts of tombstones (made of granite boulders and sandstone) are placed in the synagogue – the building of which has been preserved. Only one tombstone has been preserved which dates to 1836.