Rzhavyntsi Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Presumably, the cemetery was operating until WWII and was almost demolished during the Soviet time.
Little is known about Jewish life in Rzhavyntsi. A synagogue operated since 1861. In 1885, a furniture factory, owned by a Jew, functioned. The Jewish population stood at 369 Jews (17% of the total population) in 1897. By 1910, the figure dropped to 66 people. The Romanian Army captured the village on July 1941. During the occupation, nine Jews were murdered.