Ruzhyn Jewish Сemetery
The cemetery is located between the Central Regional Hospital of Ruzhyn (Kyivs’ka (Lenina) street) and Partyzans’ka street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
On the eastern side there is a 1.5m high fence with sections of metal rods and fence posts made of concrete blocks. The rest of the perimeter has a metal mesh fence with a gate on the southern side.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is well-maintained. It is covered with seasonal vegetation which is mostly cleared. Along the perimeter there are bushes and trees.
Number of existing gravestones
There are around 1,000 gravestones, however it is difficult to count due to the overgrown territory.
Date of oldest tombstone
1875 (the earliest tombstone found by ESJF)
Date of newest tombstone
1991 (the latest tombstone found by ESJF)
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Given the oldest preserved tombstone dates to the late 19th century, it can be gathered the cemetery was founded in that era. It cannot be found marked on old maps of the region.