Roztoka Jewish Cemetery
Starting opposite house number 66 on the main street, cross the bridge and turn left, continuing upstream towards the spruce forest, at the edge of which the cemetery can be found.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery site is surrounded by a concrete fence with a metal gate. It was erected in 2002 by descendants of those buried in the cemetery.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is located between the woodlands and the fields. It is generally well-maintained, and the fence is in excellent condition.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
There is a tsiyun dedicated to Shmuel Zeev Mendelovitch (died 1933), Leah (died 1924), and Tsirl Mendelovich (died 1928).
According to the memorial plaque on the fence, the cemetery hwas used for burials from 1800 (approx) to 1944. The oldest preserved tombstone dates to the early 19th century. Moreover, the cemetery most likely appears on a cadastral map from 1864.